Saturday, July 4, 2015

Forgot Your Name

When I was younger I worked with a boy who wasn’t very nice. He was short and scruffy and good looking but mean and awkward. We had chemistry. We fought a lot but when people were around us they said it was sexy. One time when we were working together he was singing really loud. It annoyed me. I was trying to count money. It was late and I was tired and I just wanted to go home. I had been nice to people all day. I was covered in beer and booze and all kinds of sticky things. I just wanted to count my money. I wanted it to be quiet. But he kept singing. So I told him to shut up. He got mad. He called me names. He told me I was an unhappy person. He said I wanted to make other people unhappy too. He said other things I don’t remember. They made me sad. I was tired and weak and I started to cry. I don’t like to cry in front of people. I like to be strong. He made me cry in front of everyone. The next day he brought me flowers to apologize. I said I did not accept his apology but secretly I was flattered. Later, I got lonely and drunk and tried to kiss him. He said we would be together some day but not today. It wasn’t our time yet. I asked him when it would be our time. He said he didn’t know. Sometimes I think about him. Us together, fighting a lot. And it makes me happy. The only thing is, I forgot his name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment