Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Boardwalk

I used to babysit my sister when I was younger. Like, real young. Since she was a baby. We are five years apart. When she got old enough her and I would venture outside during the summer. Before that we had to stay inside or people would know. That we were alone. When I was twelve or so we went to the Boardwalk. We had summer passes because our mom worked there. We didn’t see our mom everyday but we saw her sometimes on the weekends and she would buy us ice cream and croissants. That’s how I got fat I think. But she had some mothering to make up for so she bought me food. My sister got clothes. To this day I love food. And my sister has way too many clothes. I know because I did her laundry once. Our favorite ride was the pirate ship. It was like a big swing. It didn’t go upside down. Which was good because I was scared of going upside down. It was also next to the food court, which was convenient. Once we got stuck on it and made up songs. Pirate ship songs. When I got older I worked at the candy store on the Boardwalk. My boss was a creep and hit on all the young girls. But not me. My sister would go to the Boardwalk at night with her friends and drink and go on rides when they were closed. She was more adventurous than I was. I was the good girl. When she was twenty eight she had a stroke and I stayed with her in the hospital for three weeks. I dumped her poo out of the bed pan and gagged as she laughed. We made up songs about the nurses and ate Taco Bell. Looking back, it was kind of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment